Monday, February 14, 2011

Harry's Hammers Could Have Been Great

Harry Redknapp has spoke of his disappointment at not being able to keep his old West Ham team together. The side that contained stars such as Rio Ferdinand, Frank Lampard, Michael Carrick and Joe Cole only fulfilled a fraction of its potential under then boss Harry Redknapp before financial constraints saw his exciting young side broken up. Here is what Harry had to say when asked if he was enjoying the game more than ever  "Am I enjoying management more than ever? Well, I have always enjoyed it. I have enjoyed wherever I have been. I loved my time at Portsmouth. This is a good team. But I had a good team at West Ham and it would have been a great team had we kept them together."

Redknapp who left West Ham in mysterious circumstances has since explained what led to his departure  "The chairman Terry Brown had offered me a new four-year contract. What I did was talk to a fanzine, made some comments, and sometimes I should be a bit more careful. I sat down with these guys from the fanzine and they started asking me questions and I spoke to them in the way I’d talk to someone in a pub. I said a few things I shouldn’t have said. He read it and got very upset. I walked into his office expecting to sign the contract and walked out without a job!"

Redknapp's Spurs side who are currently occupying the final Champions League have been playing some of the most exciting football in the league this year with flying winger Gareth Bale and playmaker Rafael Van Der Vaart in fine form.

No comments:

Post a Comment